Proof of Residence / General Information

Proof of Residence

  • Driver's license
  • Car registration
  • Current telephone bill
  • Current utility bill
  • Lease agreement
  • Property deed
  • Current tax receipt
  • Checkbook with name & address imprint
  • Voter registration
  • Michigan ID card

Click here for a printable brochure on Library Cards.


Online Card Application

Review the requirements below, and click on the links to complete the card application.  Please allow three business days for processing.  The cards will be available for pick-up 10 days, after which they will be deleted.


Resident Card
The Tecumseh District Library is pleased to serve residents within the Tecumseh Public School District boundaries, specifically the City of Tecumseh and portions of Adrian, Franklin, Macon, Raisin, Ridgeway and Tecumseh townships.

Residents of these communities must complete a registration form and present proof of residence at the time of pick-up to receive a Tecumseh District Library card.

A Resident Card is valid for two years.

Complete the Resident Card application here.

Non-Resident Card
Patrons residing outside the Tecumseh District Library service area may obtain a Non-Resident library card at a rate determined by the Tecumseh District Library Board of Trustees. The current price of a Non-Resident card is $25.00 for 6 months or $50.00 for 1 year.

Non-Residents must complete a registration form and present a valid I.D. at the time of pick-up to receive a Tecumseh District Library card.

A Non-Resident Card is valid for one year.

Complete the Non-Resident Card application here.


Cards for Minors
Youths under the age of 18 will be issued their own Resident or Non-Resident library card when the parent or guardian signs a registration form and assumes all financial obligation.

Access to the youth's borrowing record will be provided only if a release form is signed by the parent or guardian.

A parent or guardian has to be present with the minor at the time of pick-up to sign the card and the Release Form. They must present a valid proof of residence.

Complete the Minor Card application here.